Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Got Fish?


2 Days before the BIG DAY for little Mikey's birth, Mikey and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful day and last days of ALONE time and take good ole Bama Breeze for a cruise around Riveria Bay in search for Snook. After catching our live bait in some grassy shallow areas we made our way to catch the big boys. We tested out a new spot close of Tampa Bay. We casted out using a cork and our freshly caught live bait. Nothing! The live bait bobbing up and down was the only action we got for the first 15 minutes. Then, all of a sudden Mikey sees some boiling going on behind the boat. After his extensive research in Florida Sportsman and the Fishing Forums he has been on, he felt as though redfish were on the move. We immediatly switched gears and began bottom fishing with sliced bait that we had previously caught. Not even two minutes into the cast, the fishing pole bends completely over and being 39 weeks pregnant I could not jump up fast enought to grab the pole and reel this monster in. While I am yelling....."you get it Mikey" he is yelling "No!!! It is all you...get it" forgetting for the moment that I can not bolt out of my seat, run over and grab the pole. By the time I did, it was too late. The monster fish has taken the bait and gotten loose. No problem. Try Try Again as they say. So, we slice up some more bait and cast out. This time my hand stayed on the pole with a tight grip. Again, with a blink of an eye, my pole had bent over. This time I was prepared and ready. I reeled and reeled tiring the fish out. Mikey brought him aboard and we pulled the catch and release method.

No comments: